That is one of my all-time favorite books...I remember being a young girl and finding it, dusty and musty and smelling as a book should smell, on a spare bedroom bookshelf at my grandmother's house.
In fact, this is something I've never forgotten from that book: "Hearts do not break they sting and ache for old love's sake but do not die- as witnesseth the living I." (I may have got a word or two wrong, but it's pretty close)
2 Comments:
That is one of my all-time favorite books...I remember being a young girl and finding it, dusty and musty and smelling as a book should smell, on a spare bedroom bookshelf at my grandmother's house.
In fact, this is something I've never forgotten from that book:
"Hearts do not break
they sting and ache
for old love's sake
but do not die-
as witnesseth the living I."
(I may have got a word or two wrong, but it's pretty close)
It's one of my favorites, too, and the fact that you KNOW THAT VERSE thrills me to the tips of my toes.
Post a Comment
<< Home